Jr. Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer will apply Art, Design, and layout skills to create visually engaging concepts such as logos, promotional and branding materials, communication media, and other print and digital materials.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with the client, and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message.
- Creates visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way.
- Chooses graphics, clip art, and stock photography, as appropriate; may enhance choices with simple drawings.
- Selects fonts for written copy; produces sample layout for approval by the client or other project participants.
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to editorial or other appropriate staff or departments for review.
- Revises projects as necessary based on the collaborative feedback process.
- Consults with graphics manager and/or other team members on complex or specialized projects as needed.
- Prepares print orders and assembly instructions on notification of final approval.
- Maintains records of billable project time as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite or other similar design software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to learn/upgrade to New Skills and to Use them on the assignments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred.
- At least 1 to 3 years of related work experience is highly preferred.